DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
RN, a friend makes something similar but she makes stuffed eggplant. Yours look really good,

Wooley, now I’ve got to go look up that word ‘galletes’

That’s Mickey Mouse on edge of plate. Hard to live in Fla without escaping Mickey.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Wooley, now I’ve got to go look up that word ‘galletes’

Gallette is a French term usually referring to flat round or freeform pastries, also pies. Chef Jacques Pepin also makes a zucchini gallette, a small roundish mixture of shredded zucchini, seasoned and dipped in egg then pan fried.

Maybe @2Two Knots; can post the Jacques Pepin recipe, I've got it saved in a TV episode but can't find it.

Reactions: Startingover

·
Registered
13,776 Posts
Chef Jacques Pepin also makes a zucchini gallette, a small roundish mixture of shredded zucchini, seasoned and dipped in egg then pan fried.

Jacques Pepin was on to something that may cause me to consider squash in something other than pumpkin pie. BUT, if he would only have said pan fried in bacon grease:biggrin2: i might even have one fritter for breakfast.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts

Jacques Pepin was on to something that may cause me to consider squash in something other than pumpkin pie. BUT, if he would only have said pan fried in bacon grease:biggrin2: i might even have one fritter for breakfast.
I suppose you could do that but I'm thinking bacon grease might be too strong a taste for them. I sure there was onion in the mixture but after looking at all my Jacques Pepin stuff I still don't see the recipe and can't come up with it on Google. Hopefully Two Knots will post.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Can’t find the zucchini recipe, I just make it by heart..
graded zucchini, garlic, onion, some flour, some breadcrumbs, egg, salt/ pepper,
a pinch or two of italian seasoning, and lots of fresh italian grading cheese.

While I was searching for the zucchini gallate - I came across the potato pancake
recipe (to die for) Only difference is after it comes out of the processor I then add some chopped up scallions.

The pancakes are scrumptious served with a side of apple sauce and sour cream.
If you make them, make extra...trust me.:smile:

https://food52.com/blog/22426-how-jacques-pepin-makes-crispy-genius-grater-free-potato-pancakes

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Thanks Joann I knew there was more to it. I made them by heart also after the first time, easy but it's been several years since I've made them. Copied and saved. Saved the potato pancake recipe also.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Yeah, yeah, maybe you could give my main man some pointers on
understanding Joann speak! :vs_laugh:
After all the years together and he still doesn't understand? Are you sure he's paying attention to you?

ducking and running :biggrin2:

Found my pics of zucchini fritters...looks like I put in some scallions as well.
Well post'em.

Oh there they are. Forum must be running slow.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.