DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. I have a York PC9 (Modulating Upflow with ECM Motor).. at least that is what my service manual says.. After reading a number of posts, I was able to determine the error code (7 red flashes). I believe the furnace is locked out because of no ignition... the manual suggests checking the gas supply, ignitor, gasvalve and flame sensor.

Is this something I can do? Is it just a regulating type thing, I noticed there is a regulating knob... or is this just a cleaning problem that perhaps I might be able to do? If I turn on the blower from the thermostat, then try again, it sometimes works.. I have also turned off the power for a few seconds, then back on.. the light begins to flash a slow green, and the furnace once again seems to be working.

If I had to call a technician, would you recommend one that works specifically on a York Furnace, even though many advertise they work on all brands.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Administrator
42,395 Posts
If it works sometimes its not the HSI. Do NOT turn any knobs. You may want to pull the flame sensor and clean it with steel wool, or a 3M pad. Do NOT use sand paper or emory cloth.

A York or Luxaire dealer would probably be better. However, many companies do have people qualified to work on most brands and models. Modulating furnaces have their own quirks though.

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
York guy may be better as they would have access to any TSB tech service bulletins for any recalls/factory known issues with it. Most mod furnaces are SO complicated it is best to get a dealer IMO. No untrained tech will fix a Lennox SLP mod I can bet.

·
Administrator
42,395 Posts
York guy may be better as they would have access to any TSB tech service bulletins for any recalls/factory known issues with it. Most mod furnaces are SO complicated it is best to get a dealer IMO. No untrained tech will fix a Lennox SLP mod I can bet.
I got a 20 pound sledge hammer that can fix any mod furnace. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.