DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me just preface this by saying that i am not a detailed or nitpicky person... i know our first remodel is not going to be perfect... i'm generally very supportive of my husband's attempts to remodel....

that being said! We've started on our kitchen and I love it! No it's not perfect but it's the best we could do and I think it looks super!! Except for our countertops... we've taken off all of the laminate layers (down to the wood) and are replacing it with new laminate. So we used the glue to get them down, used a router to cut the edges... and oh the edges! They're sharp and very very obvious, look like they're splitting, and not smooth at all. And the seams? they look like Frankenstein counters with the random seams! For the love of all that is good, please help! How do we make the edges look remotely presentable?

PS- my husband took a Sharpie and colored in the seam to see if it would be less noticable. As you can tell, it doesn't. :)

Attachments

·
Builder and Remodeler
34 Posts
Use a mill file on the edges. You should have done the edging first, then cut the tops about 1/2" long. Used a laminate trimmer to cut the edges and mill file the edge. You will always have lighter colored edges on dark laminate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts