·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These guys claim these improve your audio!:laughing:

$200 faceplate?:eek:
$90 receptacles :huh:
http://www.vhaudio.com/acreceptacles.html

Uhhh...why would you need such large conductors and shield in your power cable. Remember, the wires on power lines are not silver plated, the lines feeding your house are not silver rods, and the cb contacts are not some fancy silver.

A more cost effective way to improve your sound is replacing bad capacitors. Not any of this:laughing:

"Rhodium over silver over deoxidized phosphor bronze"

I bet some audiophiles got off over that line....

·
Union Electrician
615 Posts
The people who are nuts for this kind of stuff swear they can hear a difference. I'm sure SOME can, but most cannot. Gold plated receptacle covers? WTF? I believe poor grounding is the cause of many audio woes.

·
Electrician
1,393 Posts
All that stuff is snake oil, they make it sound real good but its not as good as they say. I saw a consumer show once test a $12 HDMI cable off Ebay compared to a 200 or 300 version from Best Buy. The conclusion, no noticeable differnce between the cables.

I used to do profesional live sound(i.e sound for arena size shows) and all we used for our 6 figure sound system was SOW cable you could buy at home depot.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
For cap upgrades I just use good brands like nichicon and samxcon, etc. I don't buy $300 capacitors. Acutal part upgrades can affect audio quality. I doubt a power cord would do anything:laughing:

I really don't understand why you would shield a cable from the wall, since the wiring in the wall is not shielded.

If running wires for speakers, any properly sized wire should do.

These guys need some mental help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts