DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is what we found at a job site from some contractors who needed heat because furnace would not work.....one worker got sick today at 10am we got there at 11:25 carbon monoxide levels we at 55%.... they told us they do it all the time.....comments...ben sr

Attachments

·
Experienced HVAC Tech
357 Posts
ben's plumbing said:
this is what we found at a job site from some contractors who needed heat because furnace would not work.....one worker got sick today at 10am we got there at 11:25 carbon monoxide levels we at 55%.... they told us they do it all the time.....comments...ben sr
Sorry but do you mean 55 ppm because 55% is 550,000 ppm. Just want to have clarification for DIYers out there reading this.
On the other hand wow good thing you guys got there

·
Super Moderator
12,409 Posts
Nice placement of the toilet...a duel purpose furnace, no fart fan needed. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
flue went out the dryer vent hole......that is a temp furnace the gc hooked up for heat that sag is filled with water...iam told the worker only had furnace running for about 15 min.....bens sr...main furnace is off to left....my tech just called to fill me in.as to what happen to newer furnace...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is a tempstar 90% furnace installed in 06.....pulled blower out to clean...because house sat for about 16-18 months...see why its so important to keep filters clean....ben sr

Attachments

·
Administrator
41,387 Posts
LOL. The fumes came out the internal barometric/draft hood. Dryer vent damper probably never opened. And shortly after that furnace was on, the CO PPM probably exceeded 100. Don't take long to feel the effects of CO poisoning after that.

Dryer vents are not good for use as a furnace vent/chimney.

Reactions: ben's plumbing

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Thank GOD for the idiots it pays the bills. On the other hand I don't want to see them sick or dead. Then we don't get paid we need them alive and thinking.:stupid:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts