DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new clayton wood stove. I have been unable to get the blower to work with the house thermostat. If I direct wire it, it will run. I have replaced the inside thermostat and the limit control already. What else can be the problem?? Not much help with the owners manual. Anyone have a good idea what might be the problem?

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
Call their customer service technical help line.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I assume your thermostat is already connected to a regular furnace. Most thermostats will only control one device.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clayton 1600ef

thanks for your replys. The clayton stove has its own indoors thermostat. Today I had a friend check the wiring.. found out there is no current going from the furnace electric box to the auto damper. (The auto damper stays closed) The furnace kicks on runs for maybe 5 seconds then turns off, then maybe 5-8minutes later does the same thing. Over and over with this cycle. No change in this when the inside thermostat was raised to 80. I am beginning to wonder if the electric box is bad? I hope I get some technical help from them. The book that came with it is not helpful at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts