DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

"wonderboard lite"

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  analogmusicman 
#1 ·
what do you guys think of this stuff at HD called "wonderboard lite"? it's evidently a substitute for "hardibacker". a couple bucks less per sheet.

tnx,

#3 ·
Never noticed the new 'lite'----I use a lot of Wonder Board---I do not like Hardi Backer at all and will not use it----

Durrock has a 'Lite'---Used that many times---I guess houses are going on diets,too.

#5 ·
hey "jaz",my "assistant" and I are going to tile the bath ourselves BUT,in order to save my back, I plan on having somebody else do the tile in the laundry room which is right next to the bath. seeing as how you used to work here,got any recommendations for people to do that?

tnx,

#6 ·
Holy cow, you really do think I'm all yours? :laughing:

You mean can I recommend someone in Colorado Springs? Doing the laundry room floor should be much easier than the bathroom.

I've never been there, only been in Colorado once and that was in Vail and areas for a Lacrosse tournament, & sight seeing etc.

But I can see if I know of someone from another site who lives there. Let me know your zip and more about the job.

Jaz

#7 ·
jaz,you mean you never worked here? then how in blazes did you know about "Bedrosians"? (even gave me directions to the store)

ps: only ask you specific questions once in awhile because I thought you were a former resident. you sure the building dept. didn't have something to do with this? :laughing:

#9 ·
jaz,you mean you never worked here? then how in blazes did you know about "Bedrosians"? (even gave me directions to the store)
I have my ways. :thumbsup:

Jaz

#10 ·
I'm going to put down that "wonderboard lite" pretty soon. (as soon as my broken toes heal...no,I didn't drop anything on them...nothing to do with DIY honest :))
just wondering: the "backerboard" will be going under the front of a cabinet that sticks out probably 4" or so. no room for a drill, hence no fasteners on the edge. the installation instructions for the wonderboard call for fasteners 1/2-1" from the edge. I COULD put fasteners in but it would mean drilling holes in the cabinet bottom so I could get my screw bit in there. (holes wouldn't show with the doors closed) am I just being "nit picky" or does the backer board REALLY need those fasteners on the edge?

tnx,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.