DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: first time user so sorry if it don't make sense.

I have an old Franklin Electric well pump and cant see the wiring info in control box cover. my question is: If there is a burnt orange wire on the relay switch, what problems will stem from it.
 

·
Master General ReEngineer
Joined
·
9,795 Posts
Ayuh,.... Burnt wirin' is Always a Problem....

Got a picture, if ya can't Explain the problem,..??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37,267 Posts
As long as you do not expect to have water it's not a problum.
Could have been anything from a lightning strike, under size wiring running to it, loose connection, bearings going bad causing it to draw more amps, loosing the nutral.
 

·
Idiot Emeritus
Joined
·
1,910 Posts
:eek: first time user so sorry if it don't make sense.

I have an old Franklin Electric well pump and cant see the wiring info in control box cover. my question is: If there is a burnt orange wire on the relay switch, what problems will stem from it.
Depending on where it's burned, it could very easily burn the component it's attached to. Like the start relay.

In any case, once a wire begins to burn, it'll only get worse.

Rob
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,362 Posts
Burnt usually indicates heat. The connection or crimp on lug probably needs to be changed. cut back the wire to soft flexible insulation and put it back under the connection.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top