DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am double-checking to refresh my memory. I have two posts that I need to add electric receptacles for campers on my campground, and I have one light pole that I want to add light and one 110v receptacle for a pop-up camper or one that require only 110v power (20amp).

Post #1 is exactly 210 feet away from electric box (panel) so I will need #8 underground wire for 30amp, correct? What about 110v/20amp underground wire? #12? #10?

Post #2 is exactly 240 feet away. #8 again for 30amp and 12 for 110v?

The light pole is 330' away so this is the length I will need to set up for one 110v/20amp receptacle and then add probably 30' on top of it for amber night light. What # of wire do I use for this?

I am just trying to get right wiring info so I can calculate the price before I can propose "ballpark price" to my family prior to getting licensed electrician to help install. I have installed electric for my campground on family property last year with no trouble (used licensed electrican and worked under his supervisor/inspection). I paid for it last year and now campground is starting to show some promising so my family agreed to pitch in to finish the other half.

Many thanks for replying!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not just let the electrician quote the complete job? Your price and his will not be the same.

Because I buy the materials and install everything myself. I just tell him what I will do and show him the supplies. Once I have his approval, he goes to get the permit for me in his name and I do the whole work. Then when I am done, I call him first for inspection. When he is satisfied, he calls the inspector himself. Then he charges me $400 for using his license.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts