DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance for any help!

My old digital thermostat (LuxPro PSPH521) died the other day. It controlled both the heat pump and the boiler. The boiler would kick on whenever the thermostat was switched to "Emergency Heat." I have the heat pump portion of my wires connected to my new thermostat (Honeywell TRH6350D). I'm not sure how I should be connecting the boiler's wires. I am attaching a diagram in the hopes that someone out there can help me.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I believe so. We've only lived in our house for 3 months and so we've never used it (or ANY boiler, for that matter). When we had our inspection done, the inspector told us that we would only need to use our boiler/radiators when it got REALLY cold, and then probably only once a week. He told us to turn the thermostat (the old one) to "Emergency Heat" and that would kick the boiler on. I'd like our new thermostat to function the same way. Thanks so much for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Red should go to E and blue should get terminated to the blue unterminated wire. Appears your new thermostat doesn't require a common, relies on battery power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts