DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the process of replacing a ceiling fan that I thought was no longer working. New fan does not work either. Checked and there is no power to the Two switches (different sides of the room). Everything else in the room works. What could the problem be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
House is 65 years old. the ceiling box has one red wire, one white wire that has been bundle with two other white wires that are attached to the old fan. There are also 3 black wires bundled and another set of 2 black wires bundled together. One switch box has no power coming in it has one red one white and one black wire coming in and one black, one red going up the ceiling. The switch on other side of room is a box with 2 switches one works fine and controls ceiling light in a different part of room The second is configured the same as the switch on the other side of room and also has no incoming power. I will check the outlets in that room in the morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.