DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a root celler that has 2 standard 110v light sockets that have been wired and run to my fuse panel in my garage, all I need to do is wire it to a new breaker and install it into my fuse panel. This does not seem overly difficult as I believe the hard work is all done. What would be the best breaker to use and is it complicated to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
flipping slumlord
5,116 Posts
I have a root celler that has 2 standard 110v light sockets that have been wired and run to my fuse panel in my garage, all I need to do is ...

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
Have (the presumably qualified) whoever which did the fixture wiring come back to finish the job.

hth

·
Registered
256 Posts
Use whatever brand circuit breaker that matches the brand of the service panel you have. For example, if you have a Siemens service panel then use Siemens breakers, if it's a Murray panel , then use Murray breakers. As for the wiring, if you are not installing a GFCI or AFCI breaker, then just strip the end of the hot wire, clamp it into the back of the breaker, and strip the ends off the ground and neutral wires and stick them under a screw on the ground and neutral bars on the sides of the main breaker rack. Click the breaker into place and turn it on.

·
Licensed electrician
13,379 Posts
The neutral and ground cannot be used under the same screw in the panel.

·
Licensed electrician
13,379 Posts
That was just to clarify or if someone did not know better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts