DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am trying to figure what which wires go where on the 4 pole rocker switch. I am using a cordless drill that I have pulled the wires through the bottom and will be used to turn the chute on my snowblower, so the switch will need to put the drill in forward if I push up or backwards if I push down. I know I need to somehow do the reverse polarity or something like that so it will move in both directions, just now sure how. And then obviously I will need to run the power to the batter and also ground.

Any thoughts? I think that I added a pic of the switch

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so the batter wires would go to the middle two post ( positive and Neg ) and the 2 wires coming from the drill would go on the top two post, does it matter which ( black or red ) wire goes to which side?

· Registered
589 Posts
most cordless are variable triggers.

things you should check:
have you tried touching the two wires together from the trigger to see if it works? full speed?

does battery power go directly from the battery to the switch, normally?

I always assumed that reverse was a mechanical transmission change, not a battery polarity change.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi, could you give me info on what brand and model switch that is? I've been looking for something similar for a problem I'm having and I was going to use a dpdt switch but this one already has the cross jumpers built in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.