Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I'm wire in a basement bathroom I have a 4 gang box with 4 switches
1 is for overhead lights
2 is for vanity
3 is for fan
4 is for shower light
A diagram would be great but any help would be appreciated Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
Run the incoming power into the box, pigtaill the black and attach to the bottom of each switch.
Wire nut all the white wires together.
Connect the black from each device to the top of each switch.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is this a riddle?? Where is the power? 12/2 or 12/3? Or more likely 14/2 or 14/3?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
basement bathroom

Sorry I have a basement renovation. I'm starting with the bathroom My question is how do I run these 4 switches. I have a power source coming in to the bathroom and how do I wire these 4 fixtures. Thanks

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
1. Run a 2 wire cable, sized the same as your source, to your switch box .

2. Run four 2 wire cables from switch box to the four fixtures.

3. In the sw box, connect all grounds, leaving 4 pigtails if the box is plastic. If metal box, attach one ground, midway, to ground screw and connect all grounds.

4.Connect all white wires.

5. Install 4 pigtails on to the black power wire.

You now have 4 hot pigtails to feed the switches and 4 switch legs going to each fixture. If you can't figure out the rest, call someone :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Want me to twist the wirenuts on for you? :laughing:

You have one cable bringing in power to the switch box and four cables taking power to the individual lights and fan.

You tie the bare wires together, you tie the whites together and you put 4 pigtails (6 to 8 inch pieces of black wire) on the hot.

It's five simple steps. Do them one at a time and you won't get confused.

Here's a tip. Run the power in cable into the left hand top of the sw box and run the switch leg cables into the box in th eopening directly above where you want the swithes to be. Your "make up" will be cleaner.

And don't cut your cables too short. Homeowners ALWAYS do this.:jester: Leave 12" to work with and cut the wires to size as necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts