DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a residential water well with the pressure tank and controls in the daylight basement which is completely finished. I want to place water sensors around the washer, water heater, pressure tank, etc. to sense a leak and shut off the main water supply. I could get a "water cop" electric valve and break into the main supply line between the well and the pressure tank. But I am wondering if there is an easier electrical way to adapt the well control box to shut off the well pump when water is sensed.

·
Water Treatment
1,087 Posts
I have a residential water well with the pressure tank and controls in the daylight basement which is completely finished. I want to place water sensors around the washer, water heater, pressure tank, etc. to sense a leak and shut off the main water supply. I could get a "water cop" electric valve and break into the main supply line between the well and the pressure tank. But I am wondering if there is an easier electrical way to adapt the well control box to shut off the well pump when water is sensed.
You might wish to check into the constant pressure pump system, there is a part of it that if the water is running different than faucets open that it will shut the system down ..
Or a throw switch set up on the leg of the water cop that brakes the circuit to the well pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.