DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I use this - and exclude the ground wire -
Southwire mobile home feeder consists of four quadruplexed type RHH or RHW-2 or USE-2 AlumaFlex AA-8000 series​
aluminum alloy compacted conductors. The cable contains 2 triple extruded phase conductors, a white striped neutral​
conductor and a green grounding conductor to eliminate the need for field marking per the National Electrical Code. The​
insulation is sunlight resistant .

·
I am
458 Posts
can I use this - and exclude the ground wire -
Southwire mobile home feeder consists of four quadruplexed type RHH or RHW-2 or USE-2 AlumaFlex AA-8000 series​
aluminum alloy compacted conductors. The cable contains 2 triple extruded phase conductors, a white striped neutral​
conductor and a green grounding conductor to eliminate the need for field marking per the National Electrical Code. The​
insulation is sunlight resistant .
I'd say no..

not sure of the article if there is one... but at that point, there is no neutral, you create the neutral at your first over current protection and bonding. It would be confusing for the utility company, and not how it's done and probably not to there rules..

so , you could use it, but one wire wouldn't be used and I doubt the power company would feed it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its just mobile home wire bought from Lowes 2-2-2-4 AL that I will bury but thought I could also use it up the pole as it is " sunlight resistant" ( that paragraph came from the manufacture about that wire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts