DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on running a subpanel to my shed the total length of the run will be 160' by reading all of the other threads i am assuming i will need a ground rod connected to the ground box on the sub panel.
but what type and size wire would i need to run from the house main panel. I would like a minimum of 30a 220v and max of 60a220v no real reason for 220 other than if im running the wires well why not.

so what size/type wire is recommended both for the feeder and the ground and what size ground rod would i need please specify for 30/40/60.

Thanks in advance,
i am not trying to be demanding just trying to be straight forward with what i am asking.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.