DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I don't really know if this is the right place to post this, I apologize if it's not.
Attached are some pictures of our master bathroom shower stall window, I would like the make this a drywall return, my concern is going to be durability. The stool that I removed was already wearing down due to normal use of the window pictured. A couple things that are throwing for a stump are the large gap around the window itself, it almost looks like the window is just to small for the opening. I would also like to redo the drywall around the window and shower stall but finding decent info on how to make the returns is somewhat limited. What is going to be my best option make a sturdy repair that's not going to leak behind the drywall.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply,

Ya the windows are a replacement, what should be the proper gap around the window? Should I remove all the drywall around the window sides and top?

·
Registered
37,178 Posts
Is there a shower involved?
I'd be using PVC lumber for the jambs and stool not drywall in a bathroom with it over the tub like that.
All that drywall needs to go, it's tore up where it meets the tub and it's a royal to do small patches like that around the window.
It looks like someone just went to the box store and just bought whatever was on the shelve instead of waiting for one made to size.

Reactions: ddawg16
1 - 4 of 4 Posts