DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are four feet long, but very shallow windows, in new construction for a bath and closet. There are 9 ft. ceilings and the windows are set high, for light. A sill obscures the view somewhat because one is looking at the bottom of the sill or stool. What are the framing options?

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
There are four feet long, but very shallow windows, in new construction for a bath and closet. There are 9 ft. ceilings and the windows are set high, for light. A sill obscures the view somewhat because one is looking at the bottom of the sill or stool. What are the framing options?
There isn't much you're going to do to improve the ability to see out the window at it's present height.
The issue should have been addressed before construction began. You're only option is to lower the window if you want to see out of it.

·
Framing Contractor
1,758 Posts
Lower the framing and window. It's very simple.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
This is really information post about window framing. I admire the valuable information you offer in your article. I read your post. It really seems a great contribution by you.
I think you're correct. That post will likely be the cause of World peace breaking out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts