DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
" I Can Fix It "
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away from the site for a while. Took on an addition for a friend,
in the first pics. Renovated my humble abode after. I don't seem to have the same energy since I've become an "old fart":biggrin2:. Not to mention the family I worked with and the ones that are now gone, have taken up a lot of our time. Guess it was a matter of changing my priorities. That said, I'm glad to be giving back again, and I haven't lost all of my humor. :vs_smirk: Also, the property values in my area have tripled ! :vs_clap:

We are getting ready to move to a better climate. FLORIDA and fishing are the plans for spring-summer this year. :vs_sun: :biggrin2: My wife, son and I did almost all the work, except for trades on the addition. It was an economical decision, and didn't forget as much as my wife thought. Has worked out mostly as planned, just took a little more time than it would've few years ago. Bear in mind gang, my place was a 1050 when we bought it, with only a stoop. Glad to still be with y'all.......I'm in Middle TN where 750 people a day are moving into. Too freaking crowded !!!! God Bless All
OOPS ! Last pic is ceiling in addition great room. Maybe wife is right to be concerned ........:wink2:

just sayin :vs_cool:

Attachments

·
" I Can Fix It "
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here are a few more pics from the inside reno. Nickel Gap Ship-lap is a great product. No more drywall dents !! :biggrin2: The good thing about this renovation was that the wife and I did almost all of it together. I did consider firing her a couple times, but I thought better of it.....:wink2: It's a design build thing. She designs I build...:biggrin2:
BTW, the shotgun is for armadillos, and whatever else I don't want around.......

Florida Here we come !!!!!!!

Attachments

·
" I Can Fix It "
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gang for the likes. With so much work done, you'll understand why it took so long. I just can't do as much, as long as I once could. All I have left to do is install the lick n stick on the foundation when the weather breaks, and look out groupers !!!!! I'll be filleting and wearing out my Food Saver.....
Pics of the finished addition soon

·
Registered
13,776 Posts
Welcome back, and house looks great.
A good friend moved from NJ to Florida, he enjoyed hunting and fishing in NJ. After a couple of years i asked him how the hunting was going. He said he hadn't done any yet, still fishing. He's on the gulf coast, Tampa area. Maybe someday I'll give it a try.

Bud

·
" I Can Fix It "
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should Bud,
Pompano Dolphin (MAHI MAHI) are delish Brother. Just follow the weed line and drink a brew as you troll.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.