DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Craftsman 10" miter saw (no more than 2 years old) I have been having trouble with the blade consistently heating up and burning the material. Right now I am doing nothing but cutting 1/2 inch think baseboard yet I am still having the problem. I just bought a new blade because I thought the old one might be dull but that did not help. Any assistance is appreciated.

·
Civil Engineer
5,832 Posts
I only use carbide tipped blades in my mitre saw and table saw, they hold their edge much longer than steel blades. The most common cause of heating is a dull blade, but you say you got a new one and it still heats. Another possibility is that you are using a blade that is not intended for a mitre saw (wrong tooth configuration). If you are using the correct blade and it is sharp, you need to check to make sure the saw is adjusted correctly. You need to read the manual on adjustments, but generally there are several nuts or screws that are turned to make sure the blade is square in the 90 degree position, and the track is straight.

·
Registered
37,460 Posts
How many tooth blade are you trying to use?
What brand blade did you buy?
The adjustments on the saw have nothing to do with causing the wood to burn.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a Craftsman 10" miter saw (no more than 2 years old) I have been having trouble with the blade consistently heating up and burning the material. Right now I am doing nothing but cutting 1/2 inch think baseboard yet I am still having the problem. I just bought a new blade because I thought the old one might be dull but that did not help. Any assistance is appreciated.

Can you post the blade of mitre saw and burned material?

·
Retired Moderator
14,713 Posts
He must have found the problem, he hasn't posted since the 19th of last month, I kinda think like Ron, the blade was on backwards. I have seen that happen before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.