DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Experienced
2,979 Posts
Just a guess but I would bet the holes were used to raise the wall sections with a crane.....at least that is my guess. So yes cover them before you insulate.

Just use the pink batts, no vapor barrier as the garage will not be heated.

Are you going to hang drywall to? if not you will need to add something to hold the insulation in place.

It appears the ceiling is drywalled, is there insulation above?

How about the garage door? XPS on the door panels?

Mark

Reactions: ashkanr

·
Experienced
2,979 Posts
You really should be looking at adding some kind of mesh to support the insulation, otherwise, every time you open the garage door on a windy day the insulation will be blown out of the cavity.

Mark

Reactions: ashkanr

·
Experienced
2,979 Posts
I'm a little bit worried about the warnings on the packaging of that type of insulation: "fire hazard if not covered with drywall....." :wacko:
But I really like the idea of those flaps that let you staple the whole bat to the wall....
Insulation covered with kraft paper is insulation with a vapor barrier / retarder, you don't want the vapor barrier with your installation, that is why I suggested a mesh to hold it in place.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.