DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm trying to learn, and have a friend with a house that has old concrete for it's driveway and most of the yard. It looks terrible and he wants to replace it.

Getting labor where I'm at is near impossible so I'm looking for inputs on new technology or options to make this look 'good'

Can we pour something on top instead of having to jackhammer it all up? If we have to jackhammer it all up, are there new materials that we should consider instead of concrete? (very humid climate here with lots of rain)

Or any other ideas?

Heres the situation:

Inlaw out back:
Road surface Asphalt Grass Tar Tints and shades

Front house with strange grading:
Sky Cloud Property Window Fixture

Side of inlaw:
Cloud Sky Building Slope House

other side of inlaw:
Plant Sky Building Tree Shade

I don't have pictures of the driveway but it's on an ~8-10° hill, is about 10-15ft and looks like the rest of the concrete.

Any inputs greatly appreciated

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
ah yes, didn't see that. but that doesn't necessarily mean the whole thing is that thick.

anyway. the thicker it is, the harder and more expensive it is to remove it.

·
Registered
Building my last home
1,161 Posts
Asphalt is a good idea.

I have seen top coat products go fairly well inside. Never outside especially in freezing weather.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never gets cold here. Thinking about this:

But might mix in some sport court as all asphalt / black in the backyard seems a bit much

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't find anyone to pay to pour concrete unless I want to wait more than a year. My skills are probably limited to the band aid type fixes. I'm looking at those quick-crete videos too, that might be doable

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
I can't find anyone to pay to pour concrete unless I want to wait more than a year. My skills are probably limited to the band aid type fixes. I'm looking at those quick-crete videos too, that might be doable
if you are happy with it, thats all that counts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts