DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just moved into a home and the Whirlpool fridge ice maker makes ice just fine but won't dispense it.

I took the ice dispensing bucket out and found that the coupling spins freely from the motor. Is there a way to keep it in place so the motor can spin it and in turn, spin the bucket dispenser auger and push the ice out? I was thinking maybe some solder would keep in in place.

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
Post a model#

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
so if you turn it in a clockwise direction does it get tight on the motor or just spin, not sure on this one but it may be left hand threads. Either way it should tighten up on the motor, if not either the coupling threads are stripped or the threads on the motor. You'll have to figure out which one is bad and replace it. My bet is the coupling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: coupling

That's what I wondered. However, it does not loosen or tighten, it just spins and I can't get it off to look for a replacement. Is there another way to get that coupler off?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem

I was wondering if you found a solution. If not would a fine thread nut work? if so what size nut would it be.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts