DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after replacing my dryer plug (3 prong) it began to give slight shocks when touching various metal parts. I let it go because the shocks were not that bad (I know not good).

So recently the dryer belt broke and while replacing I decided to check the ground wire(s) clean the entire inside and do a visual exam of all the wires in the dryer. Everything appears to be connected correctly with no damaged wires. I figured it might have been a bad plug so I replaced that as well.

Turned the dryer on (without exhaust duct connected) and touched in the areas where the shocks had been occurring and nothing. Connected the exhaust duct, washed a small load of laundry, put in the dryer and when the load finished.................... got shocked.

I am at a loss as to what might be causing this.

Any help would be great.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top