DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife was doing laundry when she put her second load in the dryer nothing happened, no power. I'm guessing or at least hoping its just a thermal fuse. Vent was clean, nothing blocking it which would be my only concern regarding the thermal fuse. Maybe the heater element??? Am I on the right track.

·
Registered
247 Posts
check the breaker. I will be a 30 amp for an electric dryer. If it is an older home, check the fus panel and make sure there are no blown fuses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased one of those cheap voltage testers and it looks like from what I can tell no power is coming from the 50 amp plug. Circuit breaker is not tripping either. Could it be completely shot?

PS...My other screen name was disabled.

·
Registered
247 Posts
well is depends. If you have a house with only breakers and no fuse panel, then th breaker should trip. Some houses have fuse panels and breakers. in that case the fuse will blow before the breaker trips.

·
Registered
14 Posts
well is depends. If you have a house with only breakers and no fuse panel, then th breaker should trip. Some houses have fuse panels and breakers. in that case the fuse will blow before the breaker trips.
No fuse panel anywhere. I may shut the main off and take the breaker off anyway to inspect.

The guy at the Hardware store told me the thermal fuse is just for heat and would not affect the overall power of the dryer but the heat only.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After witnessing my life flashing before my eyes trying to check the current I found the problem. The problem lies in the door. For some reason the door indicator isn't allowing the dryer to run. It looks like the door is closing all the way but for some reason the door indicator is not letting the dryer run. I have to push the door hard and almost cave it in before it will run. Would you happen to know why it would do this?

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
I purchased one of those cheap voltage testers and it looks like from what I can tell no power is coming from the 50 amp plug. Circuit breaker is not tripping either. Could it be completely shot?

PS...My other screen name was disabled.
nsb318 is still an active account.

DM

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
sounds like you need a new door switch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts