DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am primarily interested in being able to project right angles on concrete and other surfaces. i would guess something fairly basic.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Lasers comes with so many different vairables, it's visible in the price, you can buy a laser for $ 30.00 at HD and fight with it, or pay a few thousand and the thing self levels and everything. What are your applications and frequency of use?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey chris - good to hear from you again !

i am probably looking to spend cca. $100 +/-, nothing too fancy. i like to be able to project right angles against a wall without using a drywall ruler or measure the same distance on the other side, also for framing which i am about to start once concrete is done etc.

i am just your average DIY-er who loves tools and does not mind staying hungry but buying the right tool.

thanks !

- a

·
Registered
314 Posts
$ 100.00 unfortunately gets something you will be most likely fighting with and has no tolerances for being 'off'. Most good ones shut down if it gets knocked or is not precisely level. I'd recommend looking on e-bay or such and see what's available, but, expect to be around $ 200 and up for something decent

·
I have gas!
2,326 Posts
I've been looking at the Pacific Laser Sytems PLS180. The best price I found online is about $279. Does anyone have any experience with this one?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I worked for a steel stud and drywall company for a couple of years and we used pls lasers. Not the one shown, we had one with five beams(down, up, left, right, and forward) and they worked good. They stood up to the abuse of everyday use and worked great for framing up walls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts