DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry for crossposting, I think I posted my first thread in the wrong forum

Truly, thank you for such a wonderful community - this is not an advertisement post. I am truly looking for help and can remove these links once finished if needed

I am searching for a 220V converter that can support our product - however have been informed that because we are using an electrical switch, our options are limited. Below I have attached a few results I found on Amazon that are sufficient with their Watt Capacity. I have also uploaded a screenshot of my electrical specs - please pay attention to the AMPs and the electrical box.

If these will not work, can you please point me in a direction of something that will (preferably from Amazon or somewhere I can pickup quickly)

Specs Attached:
Schematic Font Parallel Engineering Diagram

Below are some of the items I "think" will work for my product, on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Voltage Converter 2300W Power Step Down 220V to 110V Universal Travel Adapter Power Converter Power Transformer w/ 3 AC Outlets 3 USB Ports 1 Type-C Charging EU/UK/AU/US/IT/in/South Africa Black: Electronics
https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Volt...qid=1628819337&sprefix=220v+to,aps,525&sr=8-8
Amazon.com: Castries 220V to 110V Voltage Converter, 2000W Power Converter Travel Adapter Worldwide Power Adapter with 2 USB Ports and EU/UK/AU/US Plug Adapter: Electronics
Amazon.com: 2300W Voltage Converter 220V to 110V Universal Travel Adapter/Power Converte with 3 USB Ports 3 AC Outlets 1 Type-C in EU/UK/AU/US/IT/South Africa More Than 150 Countries Over The World: Electronics

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
Are you just trying to get it to work here where we have 60hz voltages, or are you looking to use it elsewhere in the world where they have 50hz voltages ?

How long do you expect the user to use your system (duration of longest single use) ?

Assuming the auto purge timer is in that electronic switch, it probably would not function on any of the voltage converters you linked to. (Other functions of that switch are also questionable)

Whats the draw on that ozone generator?

·
Registered
Building my last home
3,084 Posts
From what I read on Amazon one of your choices does not convert the electricity. 220v to 120v.

3 motors that do not have any information on the drawing gives me PAUSE.
Your drawing shows 2 different 120v connections with out any load information for the ozone generator.
I see a 660 watt heater hiding in the drawing. Looking the whole drawing over I wonder if you could even run this machine on a 20 amp circuit or 2400 watts. I feel confident that a 15 amp circuit would not work, 1800 watts. Motor loads can cause head aches.

Provide voltage and wattage of every electrical part in you machine. Then we can assist you.

·
Registered
appliances
3,159 Posts
You need a convertor that can handle a motor load, and if the motors start under load the convertor needs to handle this surge current.

The convertor makers will not be anxious to tell you all the info you need (in writing).

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Which nation or province will this be used in?

I think it's highly optimistic to hope to use any of the Amazon products you linked. ALL of them are a) cheap Chinesium with all safety certifications faked... and b) your product has both motor loads and resistive loads, and those require different types of semiconductor "cheater" converters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you just trying to get it to work here where we have 60hz voltages, or are you looking to use it elsewhere in the world where they have 50hz voltages ?

How long do you expect the user to use your system (duration of longest single use) ?

Assuming the auto purge timer is in that electronic switch, it probably would not function on any of the voltage converters you linked to. (Other functions of that switch are also questionable)

Whats the draw on that ozone generator?
From what I read on Amazon one of your choices does not convert the electricity. 220v to 120v.

3 motors that do not have any information on the drawing gives me PAUSE.
Your drawing shows 2 different 120v connections with out any load information for the ozone generator.
I see a 660 watt heater hiding in the drawing. Looking the whole drawing over I wonder if you could even run this machine on a 20 amp circuit or 2400 watts. I feel confident that a 15 amp circuit would not work, 1800 watts. Motor loads can cause head aches.

Provide voltage and wattage of every electrical part in you machine. Then we can assist you.
You need a convertor that can handle a motor load, and if the motors start under load the convertor needs to handle this surge current.

The convertor makers will not be anxious to tell you all the info you need (in writing).
Which nation or province will this be used in?

I think it's highly optimistic to hope to use any of the Amazon products you linked. ALL of them are a) cheap Chinesium with all safety certifications faked... and b) your product has both motor loads and resistive loads, and those require different types of semiconductor "cheater" converters.
Thank you all for the reply, it is really appreciated. Amazon is not my only solution - these are just a few I found myself. Can anyone please point me in the direction of one that will actually work

FYI - The draw is 60Hz on the Ozone Generator and other essentials

This is used for a bathtub, so the average "use time" is around 30-60 minutes, with an automatic purge operating 20 minutes after bathing

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I'm sorry to be difficult about location, but it would help to narrow it down. For instance Brazil has 220V, but they also have 127V which could be used to power this as originally designed. Are you guys the manufacturer or an endpoint consumer trying to adapt it to your locale?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry to be difficult about location, but it would help to narrow it down. For instance Brazil has 220V, but they also have 127V which could be used to power this as originally designed. Are you guys the manufacturer or an endpoint consumer trying to adapt it to your locale?
Exactly, to be specific - this will be shipped to Bolivia - used in a Santa Cruz trade show; along with La Paz

Don't be sorry; I really appreciate you helping me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe a product like this would actually work better - thoughts?

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
Why are you not taking this problem to the guy that designed the electric system for your product ?
Seems to me you would want to get him to specify what to use even if it it only for demonstration purposes. Even better would be a permanent design for the purpose.

You seem to be looking for the quickest easiest hack to make this “work”, while not realizing the significance of some of the questions asked.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
That would be a more reliable choice, yes... because a transformer is compatible with all loads, is plug-n-play, and allows you to fast-switch between 120 and 230V. That particular item is yet more non-UL-listed, counterfeit stuff from the shady Amazon Marketplace, so it might create liability problems for your company... but if you need UL listed versions talk to Grainger or Galco.

But I did a little looking around. Bolivia is not all the same voltage. It's very hard to find accurate data on the Internet (virtually all links talk about the the business aspects of their power grid, installed gigawatts, nationalization etc.) But I found data that suggests La Paz is on 120/240V like the US.

So my most fervent advice is to do reconnaissance, or consult directly with your hosts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why are you not taking this problem to the guy that designed the electric system for your product ?
Seems to me you would want to get him to specify what to use even if it it only for demonstration purposes. Even better would be a permanent design for the purpose.

You seem to be looking for the quickest easiest hack to make this “work”, while not realizing the significance of some of the questions asked.

Good luck with it.
That would be a more reliable choice, yes... because a transformer is compatible with all loads, is plug-n-play, and allows you to fast-switch between 120 and 230V. That particular item is yet more non-UL-listed, counterfeit stuff from the shady Amazon Marketplace, so it might create liability problems for your company... but if you need UL listed versions talk to Grainger or Galco.

But I did a little looking around. Bolivia is not all the same voltage. It's very hard to find accurate data on the Internet (virtually all links talk about the the business aspects of their power grid, installed gigawatts, nationalization etc.) But I found data that suggests La Paz is on 120/240V like the US.

So my most fervent advice is to do reconnaissance, or consult directly with your hosts.
Thank you again for the responses. We most definitely are going to work with our engineers to install a more "reliable" solution; however these processes take time. Trust me, I am not on this forum board looking for a solution that will be implemented on all of our tubs - we are not that crazy!

Rather, we just received a spontaneous invite to Santa Cruz in 2 weeks, and simply need a solution to ensure this product can run as a demo. Specifics for Santa Cruz would be preferred - if we can confirm that one of those 3 transformers will be sufficient - that would be amazing!

Or be pointed toward any other product that can be acquired FAST

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Yeah, those step down transformers are probably your best bet. You need one that is 3000 VA = 3000 watts......

.... or two that are 1500 VA = 1.5 KVA = 1500W each. Grainger offers one by Dayton, a competent brand... and several people sell Dayton.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.