DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remodeling bathroom ... had to destroy the handles on the water cutoff for the sink when removing them. Where can I buy replacement handles? I can not find them locally nor online anywhere. They are simple, small, probably cheap handles that just turn water on and off. Any advice?

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
If there that bad replace the whole valve.
No way would I remodel without replacing the valves.
If your also redoing the walls the valves need to come off and be capped anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Walls are done, valves appear to be in good shape. I have one good handle and have been able to turn the valves just fine. Maybe I woulda shoulda replaced valves but at this point seems to be no need.

But ... still need to buy handles. Any idea where to get them?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
when you say water cut off are you referring to the shut off valve?If you had to detroy the handles to get them off you should seriously consider replacing the valve.Anyway they are readily available at any hardware or box store.They do not have to match exactly astheticlly.The stems are the same.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
This is modern America. No one sells parts. They all want to sell new stuff. Since you will have to buy the valve to get the handle you might as well replace the valve. Or at least save for when you need it. :)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
What are we talking about here? Less than $10 for a shut off valve ?More likely $6.Could have had it changed out in less time than it took you to OP and wait for a reply?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.