DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Building a new partition wall in a room with a sloped ceiling. The top triangle is T&G pine and the main part of the wall is drywall.

It's my first time working with drywall so I've been consuming vast amounts of material on the internet. I decided to use J bead for the plaster side of the drywall where it meets the wall, but I'm still not sure what to do -- if anything at all -- on the top side where it meets the T&G.

Everything will eventually be covered in molding, so it's not an aesthetic question, I just want to properly finish and protect the drywall.

Current thought is to either tape and mud with corner bead at the top, in between the drywall and pine, or do nothing at all and simply cover with molding. In the latter scenario I'm not sure of the best way to deal with the taper in the drywall panel, it might look silly without being filled in somehow.

Thanks very much, any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Naildriver
10,641 Posts
If you plan on installing trim on the edges, then your job is done........except the trim. It's just aesthetics.

·
Registered
64 Posts
don't overthink it. Mask off the wood, and finish the joints like usual. It may have been easier to at least tape/mud without the wood there, but oh well.

Not sure what trim you're going with, but if the trim is as wide as the taper, it will disappear. If not, you could always float out the taper with mud and sand til it's flush with the rest of the wall.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
You may want to look @ some of the trim reveals that FryReglet has example would be F reveal Molding # VPRF- 50-50 you can pick other to meet your depth requirements. FryReglet is the top of the line for trim you will pay top dollar but their product is well worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts