DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

it seems that after 10 years, the drain pan for our hvac unit in our attic has cracked beyond repair and is dripping condensation water on our heads. any suggestions on where to purchase a new one? a big TIA for all you handy mandys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
291 Posts
hello all,

it seems that after 10 years, the drain pan for our hvac unit in our attic has cracked beyond repair and is dripping condensation water on our heads. any suggestions on where to purchase a new one? a big TIA for all you handy mandys :thumbsup:
Get the dimensions and model number of your system and go to your HVAC supply store. (ex: Johnstone Supply, Grainger, United Refrigeration)

·
Banned
3,704 Posts
i liked my answer better. it didn't assume those wholesalers were available.:whistling2::jester:

"ya think the guy knows how to separate the pan from the coil:huh:?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
handymanny2009

Sorry you have to put up with that wise guy stuff.

You will probably be better off sizing the whole coil and have a new one installed. Trying to install just the drain pan is a hassle. Good luck.

·
Banned
3,704 Posts
Sorry you have to put up with that wise guy stuff.

You will probably be better off sizing the whole coil and have a new one installed. Trying to install just the drain pan is a hassle. Good luck.
Nice try. That thread was dead as soon as the OP logged off. I know because i answered the op on another site.

And since when cant you replace the pan only?

I did ten last month.

If you don't have the know how than don't dissuade a DIY from doing something that only takes the removal of about ten zip screws. Replacing the whole coil because of a leaky pan is like replacing the whole axle with new tires if your car had a flat.
You got something to say to to me say it directly. don't beat around the bush like some wussy coward.

·
GC/Master Plumber/Mech
1,517 Posts
:wallbash: Has to be able to read a tape measure..

Ya know the one that is maked in 1/8" graduations:laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.