DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm not a contractor or plumber... I would like to have my old one piece fiberglass tub removed and replaced with a walk in shower (tub to shower conversion). Instead of contacting a bath remodel business where a salesman comes to your home to special order the materials and remove & install themselves after you sign some hefty contract, I would like to order the materials myself and hire my own independent contractor and plumber. I know it's extra work on my part, but I'm willing to do it in order to cut costs.

My plumber can order a solid color fiberglass or acrylic shower for me, but I would like to find one of those decorative (textured, eye catching) surround walls to pair with a solid white shower base/pan and clear glass doors. I found one that I just love called "River Rock" and found it on this website: http://www.bath-man.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=120732664 Have no idea where to purchase something like this on my own. I have found places to order the solid colors from, but can't seem to find a place to order those pretty acrylic walls that those "all in one package deal" bath companies are able to offer. Whenever I search online, I keep coming across businesses that want to contact me for a home consultation, but I don't want that. I just want to know where these business order their acrylic designer surround walls for showers/tubs so I can order them myself.

If anyone can offer ideas, that would be great. If not, I will probably just order a solid acrylic (or fiberglass) white wall/base and install obsure glass doors. Or I could just hang it up and re-glaze the tub since it's in great shape. Thanks in advance!!! :)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
From what I've heard you're out of luck. Those "all in ones" have their own suppliers that do not sell to anyone else, not even a plumber like me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for your reply. That's what it looks like to me too. If I find out any different, I will certainly let you know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts