DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an extensive Google search and visiting 3 different stores (Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards) I can not find a siding vent that fits a hole that is 9.5 x 5.5 inches. Does anyone know where to find one?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,655 Posts
The reason I ask is, if it's for a dryer or bath you could frame it out and get a standard vent available at any big box or hardware store.

You could check out the hvac venting section. They may have something that will work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is just a vent that opens and closes for a crawlspace. It was like this when we bought the house, but I am ready to replace it

·
retired framer
46,977 Posts
Maybe one that is bigger.

Includes 2 piece mounting block with return flange for lap siding. Heavy Plastic Construction. Vent damper seals out weather. Mounting block outside dimensions: 7 1/2" width x 14 1/4" length. Vent Dimensions: 3 1/2" width x 10" length rough opening, 5 1/4" width x 11 5/8" length overall. Made in the USA.

https://mobilehomepartsstore.com/parts/570202.html

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Looks like it could be repaired if it cannot be replaced.

It appears that it is only the "grill screen" which is damaged and that should be replaceable - albeit with some "reconstruction".

·
Registered
4,911 Posts

·
Registered
12,816 Posts
Reactions: profdlp

·
Property Mgt/Maint
6,660 Posts
Vinyl siding is easy to work with, so even if you can not find the exact size, get the next up and and re-work the siding according.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts