DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Home Depot and Lowe's sell small wet tile saws.
Or, mark your cuts, take the tile(s) to Lowe's or a tile shop and have them cut it (them).
thank you DJ. I just looked at some saws out of curiosity. This is a one time need, so I will take your Lowe's suggestion; they do that? I didn't know and will confirm.

·
Remodel and New Build GC
9,461 Posts
I'm not sure of individual Lowes/Depot stores.....they used to make small tile cuts...but my local stores are not set up to do that anymore.

But I believe any tile shop would do it for you.. or maybe even a neighbor..????

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure of individual Lowes/Depot stores.....they used to make small tile cuts...but my local stores are not set up to do that anymore.
But I believe any tile shop would do it for you.. or maybe even a neighbor..????
good points. I have a handy neighbor that cut some small tiles with a hand saw. My tiles will require 18" long cuts, and that's too long to get straight with a hand saw.

Mail it to me, and return postage, and I'll do it for free.
ED
you are always highlty comedical Ed.
I've been planning an excursion to Yellowstone for some time, but the whole covid thing gets in the way. Although, I imagine that the park might be quite empty by now. I will drop them off at your house and pick them up when we finish with the geyser basin.

·
JUSTA MEMBER
15,241 Posts
good points. I have a handy neighbor that cut some small tiles with a hand saw. My tiles will require 18" long cuts, and that's too long to get straight with a hand saw.

you are always highlty comedical Ed.
I've been planning an excursion to Yellowstone for some time, but the whole covid thing gets in the way. Although, I imagine that the park might be quite empty by now. I will drop them off at your house and pick them up when we finish with the geyser basin.
There is limited access to "ol Faithful" right now, there is a fire, closing off the main road in to it, you will need to detour around the back way.

Happy trails to you.

ED

·
Registered
134 Posts
Really depends on the tile. Diamond blade saw will always work, wet is better. But some thinner/softer tile you can score it and take it off with knippers. At <1/4" you may even be able to just grind it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts