DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
No seat cut on the rafter? No header over the door? Then again, if the door is on the gable end, this building could be shorter than 13'
Go ahead and crush my little heart.

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
What if it has a loft? Then ya gotta go figure for the floor above.

Might even be an "A" Frame sitting on the ground.

·
11,730 Posts
Shed roof?

Gable/hip roof?

Gambrel roof?

All different heights.

Now.... if two trains were traveling.....

Gary

Reactions: BigJim

·
Framing Contractor
1,492 Posts
What if it has a loft? Then ya gotta go figure for the floor above.

Might even be an "A" Frame sitting on the ground.
If it was an A frame sitting on the ground, you could not fit a door in. He said 12'x12' which would make it only 6' height if it was a 12/12 pitch.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
he doesnt say how tall the walls are so how can you figure the height of the building?? the roof if a gable or hip would add 6 feet to the height but without the wall dimensions you cant get an answer.

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Someone has homework, and wants the Intertubes to do it for them.
:laughing: This is the WRONG place to try and get ONE answer. :whistling2:

I say that the answer is 17. The door opening is supposed to be 7 foot, but what if I want my door of my A-frame mounted 8 feet off the ground because of polar bears. :icon_cheesygrin:

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
DannyT said:
the OP did not say it was an A frame. need more info from OP to answer
:yes: maybe if he just attaches his teacher's email we can take it up with them.

·
Framing Contractor
1,758 Posts
I just wonder what the eave "over-hang" has to do with the height of the structure.

Andy.
Andy,

It has nothing to do with it. No one can ever give an answer unless the OP comes back and gives more information. Foundation height, wall height, rafter size.... which will determine HAP cut. Without that, you can't tell what the ridge height will be.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Using ONLY the information given in the original post, the answer is 18 feet.

EDIT: Correction. The answer is 18. OP didn't specify unit of measure.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
but he never specified the wall height. what if he's doing 10 ft high walls? everyone is assuming an 8ft high wall or its an a-frame with a 7 foot tall door in the end but no width for the door is given. there isnt enough information to come up with a correct answer.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts