DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little "plant shelf" has dimensions of about 51" x 53" (the sides that touch the wall, not the diagonal part of the triangle).

You can see they originally put drywall and it was not strong enough. I want to put a type of wood that I can paint right over. OSB isn't good enough and I don't think any type of plywood would look good, either. I would like to have done this in one piece, but since the sides are both >4ft., I don't think that's possible.

It's above this closet where the blue arrow points to.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
I would use medium density overlay, or MDO. It is plywood with a paper face that is used for exterior signs, it paints perfectly and is water resistant. If you left a piece outside for 5 years it would still look like new.

Reactions: mark sr

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
If there is hollow space below it you could glue and clamp a piece on the bottom of the joint before installing it.

·
Contractor/Engineer
2,430 Posts
Plywood, then waterproof and tile - trim the front edge with wood to match the lower room, etc.

Could be a scrap of granite and skip the plywood if your wallet can support that! Front edge would be rounded or whatever shape you wish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.