DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a shower faucet that needs to be replaced. The 3-handle type. I can't tell what kind it is and it has no name on it. However i did buy a replacement cartridge for it that works perfectly and i believe that corresponds to the type of replacement i need.

The part is 3s-11C

ok can't post the link for you. That's useful.

·
Naildriver
17,094 Posts
You can't post links because the system doesn't allow it for a few posts. That is to keep spammers from inundating the forum with crap. My option would be buy a single handle valve and cover over the other two holes with an escutcheon plate made for such an application. Neat looking considering you are hiding ugly.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Under IPC code you will need to replace the valve with a pressure balanced temperature control valve that is usually a single handle valve.

424.3 Individual shower valves. Individual shower and tub-shower combination valves shall be balanced-pressure, thermostatic or combination balanced-pressure/thermostatic valves that conform to the requirements of ASSE 1016/ ASME A 112.1016 /CSA B 125.16 or ASME A112.18.1/CSA B 125.1 and shall be installed at the point of use. Shower and tub-shower combination valves required by this section shall be equipped with a means to limit the maximum setting of the valve to 120°F (49°C), which shall be field adjusted in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. In-line thermostatic valves shall not be utilized for compliance with this section.

A cover plate if you use a moen

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013C3VI2?tag=duckduckgo-ffsb-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

·
A "Handy Husband"
14,127 Posts
it's my house and IPC won't be living here so I'm gonna replace it with what's already there
Most posters on this site try to give code complaint advice. Saying you dont care about code will get you few answers.

Reactions: Ghostmaker

·
Registered
143 Posts
Gerber 3-handle Ceramaflow 58-500-81. It has ceramic disk cartridges and the faucet is solid brass. Only the handles are plastic, but I've never had one break. The diverter stem is still compression. Great faucet. It will last a lifetime, but not code.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Why do they sell it if it is so unsafe? I'm just looking to replace it not make Moen or whoever lobbied to get that clause put into the code.:surprise:
Your not replacing the whole shower/tub unit so code doesn't apply to your situation of replacing whats there.

If you know the name and brand it might have a lifetime guarantee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.