DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the answer! I don't know what amp service I have? How can I tell? The breaker in question says 40 on the side of it. It's the breaker at the top of the panel.

·
Licensed Electrician
4,352 Posts
Without being able to see the inside of the panel, I would guess you have 100A service and this is a split main panel. Replacement breakers are not that hard to find, but they are much more expensive than today's standard breaker. You will not find an AFCI Pushmatic breaker either, which with today's codes will present problems for future circuit additions.

Reactions: Speedy Petey

·
Electrical Contractor
3,368 Posts
Bulldog breakers. ITE Pushamatic. Same animal.

·
" Euro " electrician
5,369 Posts
Without being able to see the inside of the panel, I would guess you have 100A service and this is a split main panel. Replacement breakers are not that hard to find, but they are much more expensive than today's standard breaker. You will not find an AFCI Pushmatic breaker either, which with today's codes will present problems for future circuit additions.
Few were only striaght 100 amp panel as well ( no split buss verison ) that do show up as well.

As for other good point there is no AFCI breaker in pushmatic but I do know they did have GFCI verison aviable but little hard to " catch " it

Merci,
Marc

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have a pushmatic too. Home Depot sells breakers that can be used as pushmatics, but they are from $44.00 each for a twin 15 amp and about $50.00 for a 30 amp. For me it may be cheaper to just add a sub-panel. I only have seven breakers now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts