DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an exterior light fixture mounted on stone. Being stone, the surface is uneven. I want to seal around the fixture (top and sides, leaving the bottom open). I'm trying to determine what sealant to use. I had thought I'd use Sashco's Lexel (Clear), but then someone suggested that I consider using Vulkem (the 116 I assume, in Stone color). One consideration is how easy it is to get it. The Lexel I can get locally easily, the Vulkem (in the stone color, anyway) seems very difficult to find, and nowhere locally. So is Lexel Clear a good choice? Thanks.

·
Licensed Electrical Cont.
7,829 Posts
Lexel is fine. So is silicone; clear, silver, whatever.

Reactions: Rav

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have an exterior light fixture mounted on stone. Being stone, the surface is uneven. I want to seal around the fixture (top and sides, leaving the bottom open). I'm trying to determine what sealant to use. I had thought I'd use Sashco's Lexel (Clear), but then someone suggested that I consider using Vulkem (the 116 I assume, in Stone color). One consideration is how easy it is to get it. The Lexel I can get locally easily, the Vulkem (in the stone color, anyway) seems very difficult to find, and nowhere locally. So is Lexel Clear a good choice? Thanks.
I like GE Silicone 2 Gutter and Flashing, clear. Home Depot has it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.