DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37,184 Posts
Is that a piece of cove molding attached to that vertical 1 X 4, or did someone route that roman ogee?
If it's just a piece of trim added I would have removed it, added a spacer and added another 1 X 4 to the other wall so that seam is not showing, then added the baseboard.
Not willing to do the extra work then your stuck with having to cut the end of the base at an angle.
Anyway you do it that transition stip will need need to be cut back.
Looks like someone installed that 3/4 X 1/2" shoe molding on that other wall wrong, it's normally installed with the 3/4" part against the baseboard so it does not stick out like that.

·
JUSTA MEMBER
15,290 Posts
I like the filler, looks great.

Is this a floor, or wall, that we are seeing?

If it's a floor, that molding piece, is going to be a trip hazard, and any wheeled thing ( wheelchair, desk chair, serving cart, stroller, etc.), is going to have problems getting over it.

ED

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the filler, looks great.

Is this a floor, or wall, that we are seeing?

If it's a floor, that molding piece, is going to be a trip hazard, and any wheeled thing ( wheelchair, desk chair, serving cart, stroller, etc.), is going to have problems getting over it.

ED
Tan is flooring, white is walls. thats a entryway or breezeway or whatever going from the living room to dining room

1 - 5 of 5 Posts