DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let’s suppose the total space is 30 squares, and all kinds of stuff are including, sofa, all kinds of table/desk, shelves, etc. Now pretend that all kinds of stuff are ready except for lights, what kind of lights would you choose in your living room? I prefer big and bright spaces to crowded and stuffed spaces. The size and brightness would be the first consideration when I choose lights. There are a variety of lights in the market, such as ceiling lights, lamps, wall lights, and chandeliers. So the ceiling lights or wall lights would be more suitable for me.

How would you choose the lights?

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Lights should wash the ceiling, rather like the sun radiating down from the sky. So semi-flush fixtures can work, or chandeliers if you have the height.

I hate pot lights -- they are like spot lights onto your feet. The image above looks great with pot lights --- oh, but wait, the photo is taken during the day when lights aren't necessary. Search images of "living room pot lights night" . Don't look quite as nice IMHO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lights should wash the ceiling, rather like the sun radiating down from the sky. So semi-flush fixtures can fork, or chandeliers if you have the height.

I hate pot lights -- they are like spot lights onto your feet. The image above looks great with pot lights --- oh, but wait, the photo is taken during the day when lights aren't necessary. Search images of "living room pot lights night" . Don't look quite as nice IMHO.
Chandeliers look wonderfully, and I will consider them. The picture was taken during the day, so it can not reflect the pot lights. The reason I chose the pot lights is I need some warm light at midnight.

·
Naildriver
13,365 Posts
Take a picture of it at dusk. Or is it a Pinterest picture? No one has everything in place, including pictures, etc. prior to installing lighting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts