DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

What kind of glue?

1458 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Avramel
I am going to be putting down a layer of plywood on top of the OSB sub-floor in a room. I was planning on gluing & screwing using PL200 adhesive. Given the amount of adhesive I'll need this would save a fair bit of money however I found a bewildering array of adhesives including some that are labeled specifically for subfloors. Is there something I'm missing or would the cheap adhesive be fine for this? Thanks!
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
I wouldn't use the PL200 it is more for gluing paneling to drywall. Use the PL400 for subfloors. After a couple years you will have trouble separating that stuff with a crowbar.

Johnny Jackson
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.