DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
Looks like a "wall stretcher" to me. J/K, it actually looks like one of those tools that digs into ice for the purpose of climbing an ice or snow wall, but, I am just taking a shot in the dark.

·
Household Handyman
2,480 Posts
I would like to see a photo of the bottom and the length of this tool also. Here's what I'm thinking: In the photo the position of the tool would be correct. The taller piece on the left would be for gripping the tool and the smaller, sort of hooked piece, would be for placing the thumb of the other hand to help push. That look's much like a tool that is used to mount a auto body file/rasp to it. That's why I want to see if the bottom of this tool has provisions for some type of screws/bolts, etc.

·
Registered
8,284 Posts
The first thing that sprang to mind was a tool to open 5 gallon bucket lids. However based on the little flat spots on the other side, I don't think that's it.

It does also look like a table saw push stick, although normally those are made out of plastic or wood, right? Don't want that metal catching against the blade by mistake.

Could also be some sort of pry bar tool, that levels out flat with the ground. Can't think off the top of my head why you'd want it to do that.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I would like to see a photo of the bottom and the length of this tool also. Here's what I'm thinking: In the photo the position of the tool would be correct. The taller piece on the left would be for gripping the tool and the smaller, sort of hooked piece, would be for placing the thumb of the other hand to help push. That look's much like a tool that is used to mount a auto body file/rasp to it. That's why I want to see if the bottom of this tool has provisions for some type of screws/bolts, etc.
Tend to agree- looks like an handle that locks into the tool. Look around the garage for the tool part

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chain link stretcher

I think I saw a guy building a chain link fence that used it to pull the chain link tight so it could be secured to the fencepost. Could be used for any of the other things above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.