DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

What is this plastic latch/hinge called? Where can I buy it?

513 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  de-nagorg
Hey everyone,

I have recessed lighting in my basement. I bought a new light cover, but the springs aren't cooperating to keep the cover in place. My light cover looks like this:*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I am trying to think of a way to keep the lens in place, but still be able to remove the cover when needed to replace the light bulb. The only thing I can think of is this little plastic latch thing that is similarly used on my Ikea oven to keep the exhaust mesh in place. It looks like this:

Picture 1:
Picture 2:

Does anyone know what these white plastic things are called and where I can get them?

Or, does anyone have another idea of how I can keep this light cover in place, but also be able to remove the cover if needed?

1 - 1 of 5 Posts
Those covers usually have a v shape wire springs that slides into notches. If your light body doesn't have the notches, go look at the hardware for something you can screw in.
Also at the hardware (lowes are organized better), there are clips for mirrors, window screens, etc.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.