DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

What is this plastic latch/hinge called? Where can I buy it?

511 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  de-nagorg
Hey everyone,

I have recessed lighting in my basement. I bought a new light cover, but the springs aren't cooperating to keep the cover in place. My light cover looks like this:*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I am trying to think of a way to keep the lens in place, but still be able to remove the cover when needed to replace the light bulb. The only thing I can think of is this little plastic latch thing that is similarly used on my Ikea oven to keep the exhaust mesh in place. It looks like this:

Picture 1:
Picture 2:

Does anyone know what these white plastic things are called and where I can get them?

Or, does anyone have another idea of how I can keep this light cover in place, but also be able to remove the cover if needed?

1 - 1 of 5 Posts
Why not go to HD and just buy a new trim ring for a few bucks.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.