DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9,064 Posts
I don't think there is a name for it, unless used by carpenters in california or by an architect.:smile: The balusters are almost always on the stringers or on the treads.
It is just a finish grade lumber. Some split wood can be repaired. If you have the work room, a butterfly joint is one decorative repair. The balusters can be reinforced with longer nails that bite into the frame. Predrill first.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.