DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank for the advice with my pc desk

Now i considering to make a loft bed and i have a "donor steel frame" and is modify because i cut off the headboard bracket and add 2x4 at 1ft to raise it up and is came out great

so now since i be getting a $50 GC from home depot i want to put it toward my next project and that is raise my bed to a normal high loft bed would go at 71" from the manufactured and i ran into some concern and i want to see what is the best solution to help me

now my measurement of my room is and please keep in mind is a small room with a oversize closet that is in my room when i first moved
Width under 9ft / Length under 9ft

1.I'm a disabled what best height should i get it cut?

2.I have a box spring should i get rid of it and get a panel wood and cut it and lay it and secure to the bed frame ?

let me know "harold"

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
How is a disabled person getting into a bed 6 feet off the ground?
How high is the room? Unless it's over 10 feet, the ceiling will be too low.
Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Her my thing

My room is small due to this oversize closet that was built when i first move in to my room and my disability is that i suffering from osteoarthritis and is effecting my body including my back and is not like i want a 8ft loft that would be " suicide :eek: " i want to make room under my bed so i can put stuff under because i draw up plan and ideal and this is what i might do

make the bed at 3FT because i got a 2 x bookcase and is 2 shelf system and they measure at about 3FT and is give enough clearance room and what do to go in and out of bed "solve it" with this

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hard...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

and put it side of my bed and the bookcase will be out of the way about under 1" so i have it and get in no problem plus where my 2 bookcase were will make new space so i can have free space and i will most likely keep it that way

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
If you can convert the frame to a platform bed, you save the extra height.
Your plan sounds fine as long as the bed height is not an issue getting in and out.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts