DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner left me a dumpster full of stuff in the attic! I came across these two piles of metal, one of which I think I know what it is, but the other is a mystery to me. So I have attached pics.

the first one is very heavy, but almost jelly-like in its handling. Very soft, very easy to shape, etc. But again, quite heavy for how small of a pile it is.

The second one I think is just a roll of copper, which might be worth bucks in today's copper market. But is it copper do you think?

Appreciate any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, thats a nice find! Lucky stiff!
Well it took some work, lol! Probably at least thirty garbage bags of detritus before I found stuff like this. Mice poop everywhere, probably twenty bags of clothing that the mice had gotten into. Most was still pretty clean, some charity wanted it and came and got it...trying to keep as much as I can out of the waste stream!

I *thought* the first picture was lead, but never having seen it in this form had me wondering. I can't imagine me using the copper for anything, maybe I'll bring it to a scrap yard.

·
JOATMON
16,140 Posts
You should really hold on to both of them....especially if you have kids......

The lead is great for projects....not sure which ones....worse case, melt it down for bullets....or you can make a mold...melt the lead and pour it into it..

The copper? Lots of uses....if I had it...I would be making something for the back yard....like a small windmill....the stuff is easy to cut with scissors and solder using common soldering equipment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts