DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

What are these metal pieces called

524 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  lenaitch
This is more of a general hardware question.

I want to build something like this:

It is a mount for a fish finder that I can mount on the side of my boat.

I couldn't find the parts to build something like that at the hardware store and I figured if I had the exact names of the components it would be easier.

The clamp is pretty straight forward.

Is there a specific name for the hinges/swivels that you can lock in place after adjusting them? There is one at the top of the rod and another one at the bottom of the rod so the tilt can be adjusted perfectly and then locked.

What about the connector between the clamp and the rod so that the rod can slide up and down and then be tightened to secure it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
See less See more
1 - 1 of 2 Posts
1 - 1 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.