DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Well ran dry?????

273 5
In 2021, I was told my well had run dry at ~55 yrs. So a new well (~340ft) was drilled ~$7k. Yesterday the tenants said they had no water after a couple showers and a company was sent out, but haven't gotten back with me.
Could that new well be dry already or what other reasons could it be?......thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
There are a whole lot of factors that come into play, but equipment failure or operator error on the part of your tenants would have a higher probability that a well running dry. It could be something as simple as a plugged whole house water filter, if that exists. We'd really need more information on the installed equipment to give definitive advice.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If the well has a slow recharge rate (i.e., it's a "low yield" well), it's possible that the pump needs to be lowered. But there are many possibilities: tripped breaker, clogged well screen, insufficient pressure tank. Here's a short article on low yield wells from Penn State Extension: Using Low-Yielding Wells. But, as RacinMason says, consider the simple possibilities first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts